DMCA Take Down
2020.06.16 23:32 Hanter_1 DMCA Take Down
I've been asked many times in the past how to write a DMCA-related take-down notice.
Here is an example:
Takedown Notice Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 / Takedown Notice Pursuant to Europeen General Data Protection Regulation GDPR / Takedown Notice Pursuant to Dutch General Data Protection Regulation NTD
To Whom It May Concern,
This is a notice in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1998 (DMCA), the General European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the General Dutch Data Protection Regulation (NTD) in which you are hereby requested to immediately cease access to copyrighted material.
The linked images or videos where created or recorded without my permission from Example: https://chaturbate.com/xxxxxxxxx
. (xxxx = your username)
I am the owner, creator and account operator of this reported content and have all rights to the linked images or videos. The content must be removed immediately or I have to take further legal steps.
**You can write further or in addition
: The search results for my nickname(xxxxxxx) on the reported URL lead people see the copyrighted images and download copyrighted copys of my live performance. **
INFRIGING WEBSITE: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
INFRIGING ITEMS OF MATERIAL: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner objected to in the report is not permitted by me, my agents, or the law.
The information provided here is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Therefore, this is an official notification to resolve the violations identified in the report. Thank you for your comprehension.
- Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Mailing address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Telephone number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- E-mail address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
submitted by Hanter_1
to Fightcampiracy [link] [comments]
2020.05.31 14:20 Miller-Blogs La diaspora dominicaine garantit la presidence a un autre Trujillo
? Par ELVIN DOMINICI
? Date: 21 aout 2019
Beaucoup comprennent que c'est une faiblesse du candidat a la presidentielle Ramfis Domínguez Trujillo le peu d'experience politique et le defi de conquerir la grande masse des electeurs sur le territoire national dominicain; malgre le fait que sa campagne presidentielle continue de croitre progressivement chaque jour. Ce que de nombreux experts oublient, c'est le pouvoir ecrasant et colossal de la diaspora dominicaine qui represente la voie sure pour que celui-ci remporte les elections presidentielles du 16 mai 2020.
La diaspora de notre pays est principalement dispersee aux Etats-Unis et dans plusieurs pays europeens. Nous qui vivons a l'exterieur du pays, que ce soit principalement pour etre des exiles economiques ou pour la precarite sociale qui regne dans notre nation, voulons voir un veritable changement de gouvernement. Les dominicains qui vivent a l'etranger ont la liberte de choisir sans musculation politique, nous ne votons pas par necessite, faim et ignorance.
Dominicains qui vivent a l'exterieur du pays, desirent de tout c?ur de retourner vivre dans notre pays, meme si c'est pour profiter de notre retraite et de notre vieillesse; Mais nous sommes conscients qu'avec les niveaux actuels de corruption, d'insecurite sociale et de trafic de drogue, il est impossible pour beaucoup d'entre nous de retourner vivre dans le pays.
En raison de cette liberte de pensee et accable par la douleur de quitter le pays contre notre gre, les politiciens dominicains n'ont pas un bon accueil a l'etranger. A plusieurs reprises, les ministres, deputes, senateurs et meme les presidents actuels sont hues, les voleurs leur crient, avec beaucoup de mepris et de rejet. Un peuple blesse, et avec une conscience, ne voterait jamais pour les memes politiciens corrompus qui nous ont fait sortir de notre patrie.
Ce n'est pas le cas de la campagne presidentielle pleine d'espoir que Ramfis Domínguez Trujillo a sur les epaules. Les Dominicains a l'etranger ont donne leur vote de confiance a un homme qui a elabore le plan gouvernemental le plus ambitieux et le plus detaille pour surmonter les grands obstacles du pays, depuis l'introduction de la constitution de Juan Bosch proclamee le 29 avril 1963..
Lors de la recente tournee politique de Ramfis Domínguez Trujillo qui a commence aux Etats-Unis a la grande etape dominicaine dans le Bronx et s'est terminee par une visite dans toute l'Europe dans les pays ou il y a la plupart des colonies dominicaines telles que: l'Angleterre, l'Italie, l'Espagne et enfin la Hollande, denote colossal et le soutien massif des Dominicains qui sont prets a mettre leur travail, leur soutien financier et leurs votes entre les mains d'un politicien serieux, qui n'a pas de queue sur laquelle marcher, qui est sur le point de bloquer la prison de tous les voleurs politiques du pays .
Cette candidature que beaucoup appelaient folle dans ses principes de Trujillo, est desormais une realite latente sur la scene electorale nationale. Une indication plus accablante est que Ramfis DomíNguez Trujillo en tournee en Europe est le premier homme politique dominicain de l'histoire a etre interviewe par la BBC a Londres (British Broadcasting Corporation).
La force de la diaspora dominicaine, un geant economique qui soutient la famille et les amis du pays, est avec Ramfis. Les envois de fonds economiques vers la Republique dominicaine de la communaute a l'etranger depassent 7,5 milliards de dollars par an. Un montant superieur aux contributions des exportations de produits creoles qui s'eleve a environ 6,1 milliards de dollars par an. Les envois de fonds economiques sont l'un des poumons du produit interieur brut (PIB) du gouvernement et meme ainsi, la communaute dominicaine a l'etranger est oubliee par ses deputes d'outre-mer, que nous changerons avec un gouvernement Ramfis.
La grande influence de chacun des Dominicains a l'etranger pour soutenir la candidature de Ramfis DomíNguez Trujillo est sans aucun doute la lettre qui garantit le changement dont nous avons tous besoin au gouvernement. L'une des strategies utilisees par la campagne Ramfis etait que les Dominicains a l'etranger appellent leur famille et leurs amis qui dependent de ces envois de fonds pour voter pour Ramfis. Cette activite a eu lieu le 20 juillet, # llamapal20 avec le soutien massif de tous les Ramfistas.
Les electeurs a l'etranger representent actuellement
environ 620 000 voix sur la liste electorale, malgre le fait que nous soyons plus de 2 millions de dominicains dans le monde. Ce que beaucoup ne prennent pas en compte, c'est que les Dominicains, en raison de leurs contributions financieres et de l'aide a leur famille et a leurs amis, peuvent generer plus de 2 millions de votes sur le territoire national. Si chaque personne recherche au moins trois membres de sa famille ou des amis qui votent pour Ramfis.
La diaspora fait confiance a Ramfis et c'est pourquoi ce 16 aout 2020, avec le vote de nous tous qui vivons a l'etranger et dans le pays, le groupe tricolore presidentiel dominicain le met pour sauver le pays, le meilleur de tous les Trujillos.
submitted by Miller-Blogs
to u/Miller-Blogs [link] [comments]
2020.05.28 12:03 Gaazoh Un annuaire pour /r/france
Je continue ici la discussion qui s'était entamée là
, ça me parait plus approprié.
Petit résumé, pour ceux qui n'ont pas suivi CitoyenEuropeen
et moi-même sommes d'accord sur le principe de faire profiter /france
du travail fait dans /annuaire
( modérateur d'/france
) a l'air partant aussi.
Chronologiquement, d'abord il y a eu la grande consultation
pour demander des idées pour relancer l'activité du sous-marin, qui décline. Quelques personnes ( dont moi ) on suggéré de mettre à jour et utiliser au mieux tous les espaces périphériques à /france
, afin de renouveler l'intérêt dans la vie du sub : sidebar, widgets ( les « sidebars » de new Reddit
), wiki, autres communautés qui gravitent autour d'/france
Dans cette optique, /annuaire
a déjà fait un travail au top, qu'il serait chouette de valoriser sur /france
, parce que les utilisateurs sont majoritairement là.
Ajouter des liens vers /annuaire
à la sidebar et aux widgets d'/france
serait un bon début, mais on n'a pas la main dessus. Par contre, on peut :
- éditer le wiki d'/france pour créer une ou plusieurs pages d'annuaire, sur la base du travail qui a été fait et qui continue ici.
- transmettre des recommandation à la modération d'/france sur ce qu'on pense pertinent pour la sidebar et les widgets
Ce qui a déjà été dit
- Je veux bien aider, mais je ne m'engage pas pour garder à jour ce qui sera fait
- Idées proposées par CitoyenEuropeen
- Une liste variée de thèmes apolitiques, avec un sub phare pour chacun.
- Une liste de SFWporn bilingues. Comment dit-on SFWporn en rançais?
- Ma préférence, une liste renouvelée chaque année de sous-marins de poche qui se distinguent par la qualité de leur thème et le dynamisme de leur modération. Mais il faut définir dynamique de poche, chez moi, ça commence à echecs, pour d’autres, à strasbourg.
- La même, zéro maintenance ou presque : un wiki qui tient à jour la liste des poteaux annuels de concours de subs ici (celle que la Rance gagne chaque année).
- Une BD sur fonds de redditesque comme celle de u/guyjc, mais reprise au propre par un dessinateur rFrançais imaginatif, talentueux, et désœuvré. Ce serait aussi un annuaire, mais avec une plus-value appropriée pour le point d’accueil majeur de Reddit qu’est France. Notes que cette BD a extraordinairement bien vieilli : elle a huit ans.
Ce que j'en pense, personnellement
Mes réactions aux propositions faites :
- > Une liste variée de thèmes apolitiques, avec un sub phare pour chacun.
- Oui, ça peut être chouette, mais pourquoi se limiter à des thèmes apolitiques ? Ils peuvent coexister sans problème, et s'ils sont clairement séparés, personne n'aura rien à redire.
- > Une liste de SFWporn bilingues. Comment dit-on SFWporn en rançais?
- Y'en a assez pour faire une liste ? Perso j'en connais aucun. CFPLTporno, évidemment.
- > Ma préférence, une liste renouvelée chaque année de sous-marins de poche
- > un wiki qui tient à jour la liste des poteaux annuels de concours de subs ici (celle que la Rance gagne chaque année).
- Si c'est le même résultat chaque année, est-ce vraiment intéressant ?
- > Une BD sur fonds de redditesque comme celle de u/guyjc
- Pourquoi pas, mais je ne vois pas trop le rapport.
Mes idées sur la question ( j'admets y avoir déjà réfléchi ) :
- Identification de 9 subreddits maximum qui seraient inclus dans la sidebar et dans un widget « community list », aux côtés d'/annuaire. Pour être inclus dans cette liste, un subreddit devrait être :
- Pertinent : ça a du sens de proposer de poster dans ce subreddit plutôt qu'/france
- Actif : beaucoup d'utilisateurs actifs sur le subreddit, ou un noyau de gens qui l'animent régulièrement. Critère plus ou moins subjectif, mais éventuellement possible à quantifier ( nombre de poteaux / commentaires par jour / semaine, par exemple )
- Stable : le subreddit ne risque pas de disparaitre dans un futur proche. Critère qui repose sur les modos des subreddits sélectionnés
- Pour commencer, ce serait bien de recensement des subreddits autour d'/france : subreddits francophones, multilingues dont français, centrés sur l'Europe ou d'autres choses qui concernent les /français.
- Ce travail est déjà fait en grande partie par /annuaire, merci à vous !
- Pour travailler avec ces données, les infos les plus a jour sont sur le wiki ou dans les multireddits ? Est-ce qu'un /annuaire-ien a des listes personnelles de sous anglophones d'intérêt pour les français ( /europe, par ex. ), je n'en trouve pas ici.
- Ensuite, catégoriser ces subreddits recensés.
- D'abord, automatiquement, avec des critères facilement identifiables comme le nombre d'abonnés, la date de création, l'activité totale et récente...
- Ensuite à la main, en commençant par les subreddits qui sortent en haut de la catégorisation automatique
- Chaque sous se retrouve ainsi doté d'une ou plusieurs étiquettes ( par ex : /vosfinances :
- Je sais faire le traitement automatique, et je peux créer un outil pour faciliter le traitement manuel, mais je préfère que quelqu'un confirme que c'est une approche intéressante avant de m'y lancer
- Sur la base de cette liste de subreddits catégorisés, on peut facilement sortir automatiquement du markdown, du style « liste par nombre d'abonné », « listes par catégories », etc., qui peut ensuite être intégrées au(x) wiki(s) d'/france et /annuaire.
- Je pense que les pages suivantes pourraient être appropriées pour le wiki d'/france :
- Accueil de l'annuaire, avec une sélection des sous les plus pertinents classées par catégorie. Mise à jour manuelle, annuelle
- Listes exhaustives ( au dessus d'un certain critère d'activité, je ne pense pas que les sous avec un post unique qui prend la poussière depuis 5 ans soient pertinents ). Mise à jour automatique par un bot, mensuelle
- Listes par nombre d'abonnés, en séparant francophone, multilingue dont français et non-francophones
- Listes alphabétiques, en séparant francophone, multilingue dont français et non-francophones
Des choses à ajouter ? Des remarques ?
submitted by Gaazoh
to annuaire [link] [comments]
2020.04.04 22:01 NeedToLearnToListen kringle's custard II by Nom Nomz
I'm not an affliate to this company, I don't work for them nor sponsored by them (so please don't delete my post).
I'm just trying to ask about this flavor. My experience with DIY juices is kind of limited. I mostly do "soft core" mixes. An off the shelf flavor + off the shelf pre-mixed base (VG+ PG + Nicotine). So any tips are welcomed.
I purchased the "kringle's custard II by Nom Nomz" this week and mixed a 30 ml aroma with 145 ml of pre mixed base "VAPE or DIY" (70% VG, 30% PG, @ 3mg nictone). I mixed everything in a closed bottle. I didn't let it sit open. I threw it directly in a closet giving it a good shake every morning. I know it's supposed to steep for a month or so, and it's been only 4 days since I mixed it BUT it tastes awefull. Whenever I drip it on my wasp nano atomiser and vape it, the flavor (if I even can call it that) is vomit enducing.
I just want to ask those who tried it before : will it be good after a month or two ?
p.s: I got the aroma and pre-mixed base out of a europeen site.
p.s 2 : The consume before date is around end of 2020.
submitted by NeedToLearnToListen
to DIY_eJuice [link] [comments]
2020.03.26 11:44 Liguss Capcom France and Capcom Germany reaffirms 3 April release but warns about possible delays for some European markets.
| || |https://twitter.com/capcom_france/status/1243117958412541953 https://twitter.com/CAPCOM_Germany/status/1243115478907838465 submitted by Liguss to residentevil [link] [comments]
These updates have just been posted by the German and French Capcom accounts. For those hoping for earlier release, it seems like April 3 will be kept, but it could be even later for buyers of physical copies in case of retail/stocking/distribution issues.
Text from image:
Comme vous le savez, la pandemie du coronavirus (COVID-19) a un
impact global, les gouvernements europeens ont instaures diverses
restrictions pour empecher toute propagation additionnelle.
Bien que la date de sortie mondiale de Resident Evil 3 reste le 3 avril
2020, certains marches europeens pourraient connaitre des decalages
de livraison ou de disponibilite du jeu.
Nous suivons de pres les reglementations officielles afin d'accorder la
priorite a la securite de nos fans, de nos employes et de nos
partenaires. C'est pourquoi nous communiquons frequemment avec
nos partenaires locaux de distribution et de vente sur chaque march&
afin de rendre les jeux disponibles selon les conditions d'importation
Veuillez-vous adresser a vos revendeurs locaux pour obtenir de plus
amples informations sur les commandes individuelles et la disponibilite
des versions physiques de Resident Evil 3.
Nous ferons le maximum pour vous tenir informes autant que possible
de revolution de la situation. Merci de votre comprehension. Nous
esperons que vos proches et vous vous portez bien et que vous etes
2020.01.20 19:36 BlancheFromage Perhaps it's time to summarize SGI real estate holdings - let's start with France
Here's the street view
- Soka de France Buddhist Center in Paris, 97 Avenue du Général Leclerc, 75014 Paris, France
- make of that what you will.
Temporary suspension of opening hours to the public
For security reasons linked to the current context [situation] in France, the opening to the public of Soka cult (translation of "culte", which means "sect") centers is suspended. NB: This only concerns the opening hours to the public and not access to the centers for Buddhist activities.
Note that "the current situation" is not clarified - we have no idea
what they're talking about, so it could be used as an excuse to cut down on open hours indefinitely
Note: An exception is made for practitioners from the provinces or abroad wishing to visit the CBSF , in Paris. Make an appointment for the visit at +33 1 42 66 57 89. Source
Set in the rolling hills about 12 miles south of Paris, the Chateau des Roches, a peach-colored stone mansion once owned by Hugo's close friend, Louis Bertin, opened this month as La Maison Litteraire de Victor Hugo.The museum is the work of the Soka Gakkai, a lay Buddhist organization that portrays itself as committed to peace, education and culture around the world. Take a look
- I'd say this falls into the same category as Taplow Court. In fact, it is a "château", which translates as "castle"
. The accent circonflex - ^ - over the "a" typically means that an "s" used to follow that letter but has been dropped. I have found these older spellings: "chasteau" and "chastel" and "châtel".
Yep - called
it: The site gets its own page
at the "The World of the French Château
And look at the list of what its "collection" contains:
The house hosts a permanent exhibition in memory of the great humanist writer, embodying the fruit of his work and promoting the universal ideals for which he fought. It brings together a collection of around 3,400 pieces, including handwritten drafts, letters and logbooks as well as some rare portraits and photographs, several pieces from this collection are classified as national treasures as "historic monuments".
"Collection" typically means "owned". Where did all that money come from? Think about these ~3,400 artefacts and the over 30,000 fine art masterpieces
owned by the Fuji Art Museum
in Tokyo. Care to hazard a guess how much money
just those two
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce to you some treasures in the collection of Soka University. This is my way of commemorating today’s women’s division meeting and showing my appreciation to you for your attendance. Afterward, please take a moment to look them over. Included are letters by George Washington and other American presidents, on display with their portraits; a collection of letters that Napoleon Bonaparte wrote just before his death and a letter in which he appealed for religious freedom in Italy; an autographed first edition of Victor Hugo’s anthology of poems Les Châtiments, along with some of Hugo’s letters; a letter from British historian Arnold J. Toynbee to former U.S. Secretary of State John Foster Dulles appealing for peace in Pakistan; a letter in which the German composer Richard Wagner discusses the performance of his opera Tannhauser; a state document signed by John Hancock, a political leader during the American Revolution; and a letter written by Bartolomeo Vanzetti, dated immediately before his execution on trumped-up charges, which contains a plea for a retrial. If he were executed, he wrote, the court would be guilty of murder. We can hear the cry of his soul for liberation.
Nah, we can hear the incessant ringing of a cash register.
These articles represent a precious, historic legacy. As part of the SGI’s efforts to promote peace, culture and education, we are preserving and introducing these and other artifacts to the public. For the same purpose, we are establishing the Maison Littéraire de Victor Hugo [Victor Hugo House of Literature] in France. Ikeda
"Preserving" means "purchasing".
One of the characteristics of fascism
It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders. Source
And Ikeda has always wanted, more than anything
, to be the government leader. Of EVERYTHING.
Take a look at the English-language page
for the Maison Littéraire de Victor Hugo! BIG FAT TYPO!!
Flowers do not "withen" - they "wither
"! How typical
of the incompetence
of the Ikeda cult!
Hang on - apparently it's open
again! There are conferences
scheduled for 2020. Anybody know what's going on?
- Soka Gakkai France, 64 Rue Raymond Gachelin, 92330 Sceaux, France - this is the HQ building. Here are alternative addresses:
• Association Cultuelle [sic] Soka du Bouddhisme de Nichiren (ACSBN) Address: 4, rue Raymond Gachelin - BP 4 - 92332 Sceaux cedex Tel. : 01 55 52 15 50 - Fax: 01 46 60 12 12
- Places of worship: Sceaux (92), Chartrettes (77), Paris 14e, Nantes, Trets (13).
- ›See the opening hours for the public .
• Association Culturelle Soka de France (ACSF) Address: 42 bis, rue Sarrette - 75014 Paris Tel. : 01 42 66 57 89 - Fax: 01 42 66 57 88
• Trade, Publishing and Service Association (ACEP) Address: 17, rue de la Citadelle - BP 30006 - 94114 Arcueil cedex Tel. : 01 49 69 93 60 - Fax: 01 49 69 93 58
Points of sale: Paris 14e, Nantes, Trets (13) and Arcueil (94). [I believe these are SGI bookstores.] That final one, in Arcueil, is apparently an office within a rented building - the big green sign
on the front says "Office Space For Rent". There is a building directory on a small plaque under the bottom right window - as you can see
, ACEP is simply one of the lessees.
I notice that the website does NOT list that Maison Litteraire de Victor Hugo site. That's dishonest. You absolutely
have to watch these filthy cults every single minute!
submitted by BlancheFromage
to sgiwhistleblowers [link] [comments]
2019.10.26 22:24 SolariaHues ModGuide Index
is a collection of searchable and indexed posts on topics covering all aspects of reddit moderation.
It is a community to help moderators, and to learn/teach about moderation on reddit. Posts will be made by selected writers
and indexed in the wiki, but all members can comment
and add their resources and advice on the topics covered. Changes made to redesign on the 6th of Jan 2020 mean some of our guides, and especially the images in them, may be out of date and not match what you see when you look at your sub.
We aim to make a note on, or edit, any affected guides. https://www.reddit.com/modnews/comments/ebyusv/updates_to_community_page_design_on_desktop/
Let us know if you spot something that needs changing - thanks!
Terminology update - 2 or 3 guides may still say modmail beta and old modmail as the writer has moved on. Modmail beta is now modmail, and old is now legacy.
ModGuide Index Full Index here
Darkside (trolls, bridgading, doxxers, etc)
Banners and icons
Engagement and growth
New sub - creation and set-up
Training and testing
Security and safety
3rd party tools
- u/CitoyenEuropeen on the Directory of Francophone and bilingual communities annuaire has adapted and translated and adapted some guides for new communities here
Mod resources collected by Modguide
submitted by SolariaHues
to modguide [link] [comments]
2019.10.12 15:23 Pop_Zeus Live Shows
I just sorted the archive.org live shows by popularity, which gives a good idea of what shows are the better ones. I’ve listed the current top 20 most viewed gigs. I’ve downloaded most of these but am curious as to which are the better shows on the Elliott Smith bootleg site which AREN’T on the live archive site, as the bootlegs site gives no info whatsoever about the show, beyond the location & date. No idea how you’re meant to know which are the good shows unless you download and play every single one. So, the live archive top 20:
- Henry Fonda Theatre, 31 Jan 2003
- 400 Club, 10 Oct 1998
- Steamboat, 3 May 2003
- L’Olympic, 28 Sep 2000
- Spaceland, 12 Jan 2003
- KCRW Radio, 6 May 1997
- Umbra Penumbra, 17 Sep 1994
- Black Cat, 17 Apr 1998
- Club Congo, 1 Dec 1994
- Variety Playhouse, 8 May 2000
- Roseland Theatre, 10 Nov 2000
- L’Europeen, 29 May 1998
- Henry Fonda Theatre, 1 Feb 2003
- Studion, 2 June 1998
- The Wiltern, 9 Nov 2001
- Le Pavillon Lion, 17 Apr 1999
- Embryo Fest, 4 July 2000
- Satyricon, 14 Oct 1999
- Bowery Ballroom, 24 Jan 2003
- Redfest, 19 Sep 2003 (his last show)
Please if anyone can recommend shows from the ES Bootlegs site that would be great
submitted by Pop_Zeus
to elliottsmith [link] [comments]
2018.11.13 12:36 HardUsername1 I [f25, muslim background but not religious] have been with my SO [m25, Western, not religious] for 5 years, but my family doesn't approve our future. I/We need new perspective.
I originate from Afghanistan, he is a Norwegian, and we live in Europe. So long story short (as much as I can), last week I told my sister (brother-in-law found out via her) and mother. After being together for ca. 5 years. We will call these S1, BL and M. My brother (B) knew many years ago, and supported me. I also have another married sister and a dad, that don't know yet, cause my dad would absolutely not accept, and my other sister would probably try to make me change my mind like M. I need to work with a certain amount of people at a time now, or else I would be exhausted if all of them ganged up on me together, so I therefore haven't told everyone at once. We cannot tell my dad yet anyways, because he has a severe depression, and his meds has only now started to show slight improvement. We're afraid he might kill himself... And I can't do something like that to him, even if I haven't seen him as my dad for many many years now. That's another long story.
Anyways, already now, it's clear that although they won't stop me from being with him, they don't want me as part of the family while being with a non-muslim guy either. (Except my brother.) My family doesn't say this because of religion btw, we're not religious. But they lean more towards the Afghan culture compared to the Western. And well, people are afraid of what they don't really understand.
My S1 and BL are less in denial, and more on the "So you're ready to leave this family for him, are you sure that he will even show you the support that you need? Let's say in 10 years? 50 years?" They don't believe that he would, and then I will be left with neither family nor love. This is based on their generalization of Europeens/westerners, not on exactly him. So whatever they've said, it isn't directed at exactly him. Their reasoning is that my Afghan side might crash with his Norwegian side, because I'm not fully Norwegian even I've lived here since I was 12. As a multicultural individual, I'm sure many of you will know that it is not possible to have only one culture when you've grown up in two. I don't feel complete by being only one, and my family has realised this long ago. The funny thing is that from where I stand, the only Afghan side I need is that I need to be ble to communicate with him and our potential kids in Dari too. And we will celebrate Eid and Nawrouz. And then I will be the same person with my SO that I've always been all this time. And I think my SO has properly realised this too now, even if we have been in our own little bubble for the past years. We've known each other since we were 16 y.o. btw. We went to high school together.
So my S1 and BL suggested that if I go through with it, then I have to marry him the day (after) I tell my dad. Obviously I don't want to marry in tears and I don't want to start our lives together like that. Which my SO feels too. Even if I would marry him regardless of that. But I'm an optimist, because my goal is to both get my SO and the life we want, and leave a door open if my family ever changes their mind. I know they love me and want my best, they just think their way is best. I don't hate them, I understand them, but I can't accept everything they say. And from my knoweledge of other Afghans in my situation, that I know of, their families have taken them back after a few years.
My SO is angry at my family and can't wrap his head around why they are being mean to me like this, which I also understand. I get how hard it must be for him to put his foot in their shoes, just as my family can't do the same with the Western culture. So I can't demand anything, I can only hope that they get at least 50% of where the other is coming from. My S1 and BL have also realised that it won't help to generalize, because I won't listen to a generalized idea of him, and only yesterday they were asking me about him properly.
The thing is that I feel like I'm in my personal cross road now, where in one hand I want to marry the day after and be with my SO. Cause then I get him, and there's an open door for my family, because I legitimize our relationship in their eyes. They can't handle me living with him unmarried. And then there is also me who can't handle the fact that my SO doesn't want to get married like that. Idealy he wants to get married around 30 y.o., but he would say yes to marrying me next year too, if I asked him before all this shitshow started. His words. And for someone who knows how it feels to do something for someone, that you really don't want to do like that, I can NEVER ever MAKE him marry me like that. Even if he says that he would do it for me. If we do get married like that, that day won't count as my marriage date either. I'm not gonna mark that as the start of my life with him. I just can't.
Now I don't even know what the hell my point was with this information. I guess I'm trying to get something off my chest, and asking you to share your experience or thoughts or anything? Maybe it will help me, maybe it will help him. I just need some new outside perspective on the matter, who are neither friends nor family. If you haven't personally been through something like this, I still want to know.
PS: My SO is a redditer and will see this TOO btw, and maybe answecomment too. This is a shared throw away account. And sorry if I wrote weird, grammar etc is the last thing on my mind atm. I/we will get back to this thread later btw, because we're both at work atm.
TL;DR : My family doesn't approve my Western SO, because they think it won't end well with our relationship since I'm not 100 Western. If I do choose him, they want me to get married to him the day I leave the family. I want to marry him regardless, but not like this. He feels the same way. Do you have an experience/thoughts to share?
submitted by HardUsername1
to relationships [link] [comments]
2017.09.24 09:23 ViktorHr The Balkan Theatre, September 18th - 24th
With the approval of the Mod team, I have decided to start a weekly "blog" or something like a blog in which I would highlight the most important events of both the current EU part of the Balkan and the future EU part of the Balkan.So let's start from the beginning...
Monday, September 18th
- The UN war crimes court has issued a new warning to the leader of the Serbian Radical Party, Vojislav Šešelj, that if he doesn't attend his appeal hearings on Monday they will assign him a lawyer wether he wants one or not.He has refused and vowed to never return the Hague.It is still unknown how the Hague will react to his statement, but without the help of the Serbian police, they won't be able to arrest him and drag him to the Hague.Šešelj is awaiting the prosecution’s appeal in the case against him for wartime crimes in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Serbian region of Vojvodina after the Tribunal acquitted him on all counts in March last year.
- A new poll published by the International Republican Institute says that the number of people who view the political situation in FYROM as “peaceful and stable” is at a long time high.The poll suggest 44% of people in FYROM see the political situation there as stable.That's up from 5% in March of this year.Yes, you read that correctly, 5%.This result has been linked to the newly formed government, led by the Social Democratic SDSM.Their rise to power has seen the end of a 2 year period of political turmoil revolving around claims that the Nationalist VMRO-DPMNE leader Nikola Gruevski had, as Prime Minister, orchestrated the illegal surveillance of over 20,000 people.The new poll also suggests that 77% of people support FYROM's accession to the EU, signaling a possible period of growth for the troubled nation.
- The main Albanian opposition party, the center-right PDSh, has said that they will propose a law to ban all Communist symbols in the country.The reaction from the party came after pictures were posted of children holding Stalin and Hoxha pictures during the 75th anniversary of the Peza conference during which Hoxha succeed in creating a united front against German occupation during World War 2.The succes of the bill lays in the hands of the ruling Socialist PSSh which holds majority in the National Assembly.
Tuesday, September 19th
- Serbian journalists gathered on Tuesday in front of the government building in Belgrade to show support for Vukasin Obradovic, founder of independent weekly Vranjske novine(Vranjske newspaper), who has gone on a hunger strike to protest the lack of media freedom in the country after his newspaper was banned.Vranjske newspaper is one of the biggest South Serbian independent weekly newpaper, and during the reign of Slobodan Milošević, the only independent newspaper in Southern Serbia.This information truly highlights the lack of media freedom in the current government.The Independent Journalist Association of Serbia said on Tuesday that the closure of Vranjske novine was the direct result of long-running political pressures on media freedom and represented “frightening news for media professionals".
Wednesday, September 20th
- After striking a deal to form a government, FYROM's two main ruling parties now aim to deepen cooperation by supporting each other's candidates for the October 15 local elections.The Social Democratic SDSM and the Albanian but also Socialist DUI have confirmed that they are on the verge of making official their deal to support each other's candidates for the local election.This means that in most ethnically-mixed places where the SDSM has a better chance of winning, the DUI will support the SDSM's candidates, and vice versa.A big step for FYROM, which has a big ethnicity divide.
- А team of maritime scientists has conducted a three-year expedition to investigate nearly 2,500 years of seafaring in the Black Sea, uncovering shipwrecks from the Classical, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman periods.The Scientists revealed 60 well-preserved shipwrecks that illustrate the history of more than two millennia of seafaring.The earliest vessels discovered have been dated to the Classical period, around the 4th and 5th centuries BC.Due to the lack of oxygen in the sea’s deep waters, some of the wrecks have survived in almost perfect condition.The scientists encountered ships lying hundreds or thousands of metres deep with their masts still standing, rudders in place, cargoes of amphorae and ship’s fittings lying on deck.They said some ships show structural features and equipment which are known only from iconography or written descriptions but have never been seen until now.This discovery could lead to a better understanding of warfare in the Classical and Roman era.
- After almost 2 months of silence the Prime Ministers of Croatia and Slovenia(Andrej Plenković and Miro Cerar) have agreed to meet some time in late September to discuss the border dispute in the Piran/Savudrija gulf.n June, after the Permanent Court of Arbitration awarded a portion of the gulf to Slovenia, Croatia rejected the verdict and called for bilateral talks to solve the matter.A similar meeting has been called for in August, but failed to resolve anything.Judging by newspapers from both sides, only Slovenia believes that these talks will resolve anything.I myself don't believe anything will be resolved as Croatia refuses to accept the border assigned by the Court, but Slovenia will only accept that border.
- The President of Republika Srpska, Milorad Dodik, has decided to put the referendum on the jurisdiction of the state courts over the courts of Republika Srpska on a hold, due to international pressure.He has said that "It was not a sign of weakness, but there is no political consensus on the issue at this time".He added that, one day, when the political constellation looked more favorable, he hoped the people of the RS would be able to exercise their right to hold a referendum over this issue.
Thursday, September 21st
- After the party of a Serbian government minister vilified an investigative editor as a 'drug addict', the EU has reminded Belgrade that it will be tracking Serbia's respect for a free media during the accession process.The EU has reminded the would-be-member Serbia that freedom of expression is an important value of the European club and that Serbia's respect for it will be examined closely during its accession process.The statement added that attacks on the integrity of journalists that hinder their professional work violate the values of media freedom. Minister Vulin's "Movement of Socialists" party called Crime and Corruption Reporting Network editor Dojcinovic a “drug addict” on Monday after "KRIK"(A news website) published a critical report investigating the origin of the money that Vulin had used to buy an apartment.The EU said that the allocation of funding for media content serving the public interest should be fair, transparent, unbiased and open to all on equal terms. “Independent, pluralistic and strong media are the cornerstone of any democratic society".
- Three-day talks in Podgorica launched by the Europeen Delegation in Montenegro to mediate with opposition parties ended on Wednesday with no breakthrough over the opposition boycott of parliament following last October's elections.Starting from Monday, the EU team met leaders of six opposition parties and coalitions to push the idea of negotiations with the ruling Democratic Party of Socialist, DPS.The leaders of two centre-left opposition parties, Demos and the URA Movement, Miodrag Lekic and Dritan Abazovic, said after Wednesday's meeting that their parties will not end the boycott until new elections are called.An earlier meeting with the Social Democratic SDP and the pro-russian and right wing DF has resulted in a similar outcome.The entire opposition bloc has boycotted the national assembly since the DPS won the October election, demanding new polls and resolution to the so-called “coup" case.The opposition is also divided, however. Hardliners in the Democratic Front proposed the formation of a shadow parliament and government, but moderate opposition parties rejected this idea, and a proposal to organize anti-government protests across the country.Meanwhile, on Tuesday, three representatives of the Democratic Front were detained on money laundering charges.With the government refusing to call for a snap election, the stalemate looks set to continue until the next election.
- The Dutch government has decided to challenge the ruling of the Dutch Supreme Court which found the Dutch government liable for the deaths of the 300 Bosniaks from Srebrenica in July 1995, media reported on Wednesday.But the lawyers representing the families of some of the Bosniaks who were killed have said they will also appeal to the Dutch Supreme Court, asking it to find the Netherlands liable for many more deaths.The Dutch ruling, handed down by the appeals court in The Hague in June, relates to the deaths of some 300 Bosniak men who had taken refuge at the Dutch UN peacekeepers’ base near Srebrenica in July 1995 but were forced to leave and subsequently killed by Bosnian Serb forces.The Dutch defence ministry said that it does not believe that its troops broke the law.Mothers of Srebrenica said, however,that on behalf of families of the victims, that they will continue to fight for justice.As a reminder, the Srebrenica Genocide, reportedly, killed 8,000 people.Meaning, if the Dutch lose the battle, they could be charged for most or all of the deaths.
Friday, September 22nd
- FYROM's opposition VMRO-DPMNE party is pushing to hold local referendums on the same day in October as the local elections, on a supposed government plan to settle thousands of migrants from the Middle East in various towns.itola, Stip, Radovish, Prilep, Kocani, Negotino, Kavadarci and Gevgelija are just some of the 20 municipalities that have adopted decisions to holding referendums against the alleged plan – which the new Social Democrat-led government says does not exist.After losing power nationally in May, in July the party accused the new government of adopting a new draft strategy for dealing with refugees and migrants which it claimed contained a plan to settle thousands of refugees from the Middle East in Macedonia.The government has denied this as a lie intended to skew the outcome of the local elections, and has accused the opposition for spreading alarm and false information.Despite that, municipalities under VMRO DPMNE control have gone ahead with adopting decisions to hold referendums against the alleged plan.Deputy Minister for Local Government Dragan Tevdovski on Wednesday said he had nothing against referendums.However, he suggested they should take place on a separate, later date, in order for the people to get better informed about the issues first.
- Several cities in Moldova are bracing for demonstrations, as Socialist supporters of the pro-Russian President, Igor Dodon, get ready to take to the streets on Sunday.They will protest against a decision of the Constitutional Court that annulled a referendum that would have allowed him to dissolve the pro-western parliament and call early elections.Dodon was elected President in November 2016, in Moldova’s first direct presidential election in a decade, defeating the pro-European candidate, Maia Sandu.However, the Socialists are still in opposition in parliament, which is dominated by the pro-EU Democratic Party, led by the controversial oligarch Vladimir Plahotniuc.On March 28th, Dodon signed a decree setting September 24th as the date of a consultative referendum which, if he won, would have expanded his power and given him the prerogative to dissolve parliament and call early elections.The referendum would also seek voters’ opinion on lowering the number of MPs and on replacing the study of Romanian history in schools with Moldovan history.To make things more "spicy" although the Electoral Commission approved the date of the referendum and estimated its cost at €3,5 million, Prime Minister Pavel Filip announced that the government would not cover the costs.At the end of July, the Constitutional Court then declared the referendum unconstitutional, arguing that the President had no right to call it. Dodon said the judges only ruled against him because “they were Romanian”.
- Dragan Vasiljkovic, who is standing trial for war crimes in the Croatian city of Split, said in his closing statement to the court on Thursday that he is innocent and his prosecution is politically motivated.He has said that the Court is performing an "oppressive fascist process" against him and that he is innocent.Vasiljkovic is charged with the torture, mistreatment and killings of imprisoned Croatian soldiers and policemen in June and July 1991 at the fortress in Knin, and in February 1993 in the city of Bruska.He is also accused of organising and leading the attack on the villages, as well as on a police station in Glina - attacks in which two people were killed.He was deported to Croatia from Australia in July 2015, where he had been living for years under the name Daniel Snedden and working as a golf instructor.He had already spent nine years in custody in Australia while fighting extradition.
- Romanian President Klaus Iohannis said that he was scrapping his planned visit to Ukraine in October after Ukraine's parliament passed a law curbing the right to education in minority languages, including Romanian.On September 5th, Ukraine amended its education law mainly in order to restrict the use of Russian in Ukrainian schools. According to the new law, after the fifth grade, all classes in Ukrainian schools will be taught in Ukrainian alone.However, the bill, which is still to be approved by the president, affects all minorities as well as Russians – by far the most numerous – and has caused concern in several countries in the region, including Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, and Greece.The foreign ministers of the four countries sent a joint letter to their Ukrainian counterpart last week expressing "concern" and "deep regret" about the changes.The Romanian President – who himself comes from Romania's small ethnic German minority – said he already told Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko about his decision.He said also that he will not receive the head of the Ukrainian parliament who will be in Bucharest next week.
- Only a day after the Croatian and Slovenian leaders agreed to meet in Zagreb to discuss their border dispute, Slovenia's Mirko Cerar has canceled the visit over the PM of Croatia's address to the UN General Assembly in which he said that Slovenia had “compromised” international arbitration of their dispute over the Piran/Savudrija Gulf.Cerar has said that they are open for dialogue, but only if Croatia accepts the arbitration ruling and expresses a willingness to cooperate in its implementation.In 2015, a Croatian daily, Vecernji list, published recordings of unauthorised phone conversations between Jernej Sekolec, the Slovenian judge on the court, and Simona Drenik, the representative of the Slovenian government.During the conversations, which were not permitted, Sekolec revealed confidential conversations between the judges, predicting that the court would award Slovenia up to 75 per cent of the waters of the Piran Gulf, as Ljubljana has been demanding.Croatia's government and parliament then called the entire process “compromised” and “contaminated”.Slovenia has also decided to block Croatia's entry to OECD.
Saturday, September 23rd
- The fifth annual Gay pride was held on Saturday in Montenegro's capitol of Podgorica.This year's pride went under the motto of "Humanity against violence" and went on without any significant incidents.There were Anti-LGBT protesters too, but they didn't cause too much trouble.As a reminder, a Gay pride was also held in Beograd, Serbia last Sunday.That particular Pride was very important for the somewhat homophobic country, as even the Prime Minister and some members of her cabinet attended the parade.
Sunday, September 24th No parliament or government will meet today due to Sunday being a non-work day in most countries. Nothing will happen today, unless World War 3 starts.
That's it for this week's blog or news-thingy.Feel free to debate in the comments or tell me of any errors in the text.Have a nice Sunday!
submitted by ViktorHr
to acteuropa [link] [comments]
2016.11.11 04:21 HacKNbT Pathfinder's Pledge / Server Alpha access.
So , with the Pathfinder's Pledge we got the Alpha access ( and i know, we still dont have a date release for the Alpha ) but this is not my question ! I was wondering about server, there would be a server europeen available or just US ?
Thx guys, looking forward to playing this game, this is my only hope about mmorpg !
submitted by HacKNbT
to PantheonMMO [link] [comments]
2014.11.23 14:58 antebantez Lgg3 lollipop
Wat is The release date on The europeen version?
submitted by antebantez
to LGG3 [link] [comments]
2013.05.15 19:06 jjberg2 AskScience AMA: We are the authors of a recent paper on genetic genealogy and relatedness among the people of Europe. Ask us anything about our paper!
Message from Graham and Peter: Thanks everyone for all of your great questions. We'll answer some of the pending questions, as of 1pm PT May 16th, but won't be answering new ones. Thanks!
We are the authors, Peter Ralph (petrelharp
) and Graham Coop (grahamcoop
), of a recent paper on The Geography of Recent Genetic Ancestry across Europe
The article made some news in a number of places
with the headline that "Europeans are all related". What does that mean? Didn't we already know that? And how can you show that the Spanish and the Polish have the same ancestors only 1,000 years ago, but also see different effects of events from 1,500 years ago in their genomes? We're ready to talk about genetics, genealogy, and even a little bit of European history (Although note that we're not historians).
Here's a quick intro; there's more detail here
Few of us know our family histories more than a few generations back. It is therefore easy to overlook the fact that we are all distant cousins, related to one another via a vast network of relationships.
In the paper we use genome-wide data from European individuals to investigate these relationships over the past 3,000 years, by looking for long stretches of genome that are shared between pairs of individuals through their inheritance from common genetic ancestors. We find evidence of ubiquitous recent common ancestry, showing for instance that even pairs of individuals from opposite ends of Europe share hundreds of genetic common ancestors over this time period.
Since the vast majority of genealogical ancestors from 1,000 years ago are not genetic ancestors, this implies that all of the Europeans in our sample share nearly all of their genealogical ancestors only 1000 years ago (albeit to differing extents). Despite this degree of commonality, there are also regional differences. Southeastern Europeans, for example, share relatively more common ancestors that date roughly to the era of the Slavic and Hunnic expansions around 1,500 years ago, while most common genetic ancestors that Italians share with other populations lived longer than 2,500 years ago. The study of long stretches of shared genetic material promises to uncover rich information about many aspects of recent population history. Ask us anything about our paper!
submitted by jjberg2
to askscience [link] [comments]
2013.02.20 11:33 realerror [q] News site wanted
Hi there, im a europeen reddit user, but im watching basically just us-tv-shows. As you can imagine, there a just a few and not so good sites around here that report about new productions/renewals etc.
What site keeps me up to date properly? ty!
submitted by realerror
to television [link] [comments]